The hardest thing for me when I changed the way we eat....towards a more Paleoish, GLUTEN FREE lifestyle... WHAT DO I GIVE MY KIDS FOR LUNCH AND SNACKS??
I think that is one of people's naturally biggest questions....
What they used to eat for lunches--- PB and J on whole wheat, cheese, or yogurt, and a fruit usually... sometimes crackers to dip in applesauce... ALWAYS a whole wheat carb! Sometimes warm meals like spagetti leftovers, or leftover whatever else in a little thermos with above sides....
Snacks-- often processed options I have to say. Granola Bars, Fruit Bars, Grahem crackers, some other kinds of crackers, and yes fruit-lots of fruit.
NOW a typical days Lunch is-
- Some type of meat ( cut up chicken, cut up steak, pepporoni's is a fav, lunchmeat "Roll Ups"-nitrate free)
- Some type of fruit- usually berries or sugar free applesauce
- A full fat dairy- either yogurt or cheese stick
- Sometimes a handful of nut
- Sometimes I include a muffin....I make them sugar free, and usually with very minimal sugar content from smll amount of honey, and chopped fruit
- meat roll ups
- Cliff Rope twists ( I guess processed, but as naturally as possible- I can recognise all the ingredients on the SHORT list)-these are not daily
- Sharkies ( an organic gummy bear type thing--- again as natural as possible- these are not daily
- Trail mix
- Beef Jerky
- Sometimes homeade GF crackers, or muffins
- Raisens ( tiny box)