One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Paleo is a foreign word. No one has heard of it, and gluten free is really almost as unheard of...
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Paleo Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! (and all Gluten Free) I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

17 March 2011

Strawberry Cupcake Pops ( Gluten Free)

Continuing with the STRAWBERRY theme, I made some Strawberry Cupcake Pops for Carebear's Class Party.... ( See my post on the Strawberry Carebear Birthday for gluten free strawberry Cake recipe)
Here is one up close--- (Pic is sideways, sorry)
and here is the way I displayed them ( and was a handy way to just plain ol carry that many cupcake pops, with Baby and AW in tow....
( I just used a TRIFLE bowl and covered bottom with Sprinkles, then I stacked up Styrofoam that I had cut to fit, and secured them together with long skewers, wrapped them in tissue so they didn't show and then stuck my pops into the styrofoam, flower arrangement style!)
 I used the same recipe I had used for STRAWBERRY GLUTEN FREE CAKE with STRAWBERRY ICING. 
This time I baked the cake in a sheet pan, then when cool I crumbled my cake all up, and added to it about 1 cup strawberry icing. Mix it all together and then form balls.
From here you can either stick a lollipop stick in the ball and dip into melted colored chocolate of choice, or as I did form into cupcake shapes or any shape really using mini cutters....

I got the idea from this book- its from Bakerella. She has a website too I believe... All the creative things this lady has come up with blow me away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly