One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Paleo is a foreign word. No one has heard of it, and gluten free is really almost as unheard of...
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Paleo Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! (and all Gluten Free) I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

17 March 2011

Whats for DINNER???

I try to plan meals two weeks at a time. I am going to try to start posting my weekly meal schedule on Sundays or Mondays.... I often just list Veggie, not a name, as I wait to see what looks good when I go to buy!

Here is my rough draft from today through next week..


Wednesday-  
Steak and Veggie and Salad
Thursday-         

Dinner-Marinated Lamb Skewers and Roasted Veggie Blend ( sweet potatoes, onion, carrots, maybe a parsnip or turnip?)
Friday-            
Baked Tomato Chicken with White Rice ( I soak my rice overnight and rinse well before cooking it to get as much anti-nutrient out of it as possible, but we do eat rice sometimes)
Saturday-       
 Sweet Potato Shepards Pie and salad
Sunday-            
My Mushroom Meatballs with Tomato Sauce,  Homemade Caesar Salad for lunch and Marinated Grilled Chicken Wings for Dinner with a Veggie
Monday-         
Homemade Chicken Fingers, Sweet Potato Fries
Tuesday-        
Steak, Veggie, and a salad
Wednesday-    
Kids Fav Crockpot Pork Chops

Breakfast  is usually whatever kids "order up" that day-- some variation of Eggs and Bacon usually.... or yogurt, or Jack's fav-( Porridge as he calls it) otherwise known as Rice Pudding heated up, or  Rice Chex mix with blueberries and grated coconut,  or a muffin of somesort,
Today Jackson had leftover steak and some eggs....
so as you can see this really varies....
Lunches are almost always a meat roll up of some kinds, some sort of a fruit, and either  yogurt or cheese... pretty simple! Oh, and water in their water bottles... I usually eat a variation of the same, or leftovers....
Snacks are usually yogurt, Sharkies, nuts, an apple, meat roll ups, Cheese stick, sometimes I make coconut milk smoothies of some sort.....

if some of the above meals turn out really well I will post the recipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly