We decided on Egg Muffins and Sweet Potatoes. I have leftover sweet potato from last nights dinner- so I think I will just fry up patties of cold sweet potato mash in Bacon Fat for the side. (Jack usually drinks water for breakfast.)
JUMBO EGG MUFFINS for the
(that would be Jack my son- he loves him some meat!!!!)
1/4 cup heavy cream(you could use coconut milk,or sour cream)
2 T coconut cream ( from the top of the coconut milk can)
8 sausage links, cooked
1/2 pd bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt/pepper to taste
Cheese for topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350 F
Crack all of the eggs into a bowl. Add cream and beat well for a few minutes with a whisk.
Add sausage and bacon to mix.
Season to your liking ( you could add any spices you wish- I went Plain here as it was for my kiddos).
Use some of your bacon grease to grease your muffin cups ( or lard or butter will work)
Using a ladle fill 6 JUMBO muffin cups. ( i use a ladle so I can evenly distribute meat as it tends to sink to the bottom of your mixture)
Top with cheese if you wish (any kind- I used a hard shredded cheddar for the kids today)
Pop in the oven at 350F for approx 20 min. (check at 15 and keep an eye out)
|If you serve immediately they are much more inflated, a good bit larger, but of course I took a pic the next am as I cooked them the night before and reheated..|
- I cook my bacon in the oven at 425F for abt 10-15 min (depends on how thick/thin) this is a fail proof method, so EASY PEASY!
- oh, and save your bacon fat--When its cooled slightly just pour through a funnel straight from the baking sheet into your BACON FAT JAR (if you don't have one-start one!!! BACON FAT is a great oil for lots of things!!!!!
- If you have fresh sausage links just bring them to a boil in some water for a few minutes and they will be ready... If you have ground or patties- fry it up and crumble.
- If you do not do cream, you could use coconut milk here very easily!!!
- This recipe you can adjust up or down very easily to make the amount you wish, and if you don't want it SO FULL of MEAT, just cut down on the meat--- maybe add some veggies too?????
- Spice it up however you wish... some chives, some herbs de Provence perhaps??, italian seasoning??? you can go anywhere with this one!!!!
- and if you don't wanna go big, you could make these in any size muffin tin, just watch your baking time- it will be quicker with tiny muffins of course!
- another good biggie-- these freeze great!!!!!
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- 4 medium baked sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 or 5 tbsp butter (pastured if possible)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice
- Mix all of the above together and place in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with some more cinnamon!!! and Throw it in the oven for 30 min at 375 degrees.
- (Reheats really well)