One GRITS Journey To Convert Beloved Southern Recipes to Paleo Approved, and Darn GOOD too!

This is my story of how I am striving to change my family's life, nutritionally, for the better. Here in the deep South Paleo is a foreign word. No one has heard of it, and gluten free is really almost as unheard of...
After reading Gary Taubes enlightning GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES I was determine to change! Armed with my own two hands, the internet (thank God for AMAZON.com), and all those wonderful blogs and podcasts available now, I am beginning my journey.
Please feel free to join me as I try to adapt all of our Southern Favorites into Paleo Appropriate Scrumptiousness!!! (and all Gluten Free) I will try to post all of the good ones, and may even blog about some failures along the way.

25 April 2011

Whats in my Pantry????

As I am preparing for my class I am making a Pantry List....I decided to take some pics of my fridg and pantries...
So here it is:
So there is my fridg! the good, bad and the ugly!!!
( I think there may be 10 kinds of mustard!!!)

Above is my main pantry.. Mostly here I have Finishing Salts, Spices, Tomatoes, Rice Noodles and Rice, Peanut Butter, Gluten Free Flour Blends, and GASP-SUGAR!
 Salt, Oils, Vinegars..... (above and below!)
and I also have an outside fridg--I keep lots of no-no's here, but I will show you anyways...
Lots of things we should not have, or at least not very often!!!
But alas, we are  human, and I am still stuck on my Diet drinks!
 So here I have diet drinks, and all my gluten free flours, few real cokes I keep for my father-in-law, and Beer...Usually gluten free, but hubbie does have real beer sometimes. Oh and sometimes alcohol-tequila, gin... and some bottled water. We usually avoid bottled water, but I bought some for an after soccer game team snack....
 This is a freezer full of meat and frozen butter... Alls good here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good:) Can't wait to see you tomorrow-looking forward to hanging out:)

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly