I have decided that I have to go back to the basics of Paleo personally for awhile and get this extra unhealthy weight off......
The trick here is to do this for me, while still getting enough healthy carbs in the kids and hubbie!!!!!
So this brings us to CAULIFLOWER RICE!!!!!
I have read about it, seen in on blogs and paleo cookbooks.... Sounds good in theory, but I really wasn't sure if I would like and and more if the kids and hubbie would go for it...
WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO TRY THIS?????? Everyone LOVED IT!!!!!---- recipe to follow
(sincerely apologise for the bad pic---it really was white, not yellow- my camera leaves much to be desired!!!)
- One Head Cauliflower ( or while you are prepping you could do two or three, depending on how many meals you want to serve a variation of "rice" with this week)
- Now you cut it into large chunks and put it in the food processor and PULSE in 10 sec intervals till you get it to the consistency of RICE!!!!!! DONE. ( now just put it in large storage baggie in fridg and its ready for when you want to make it this week!)
- Place 1 T butter or coconut oil in a large pan on the stove over a medium heat. Add chopped onions and finely diced garlic and saute until soft. Add any other chopped veggies, or even chopped nuts or dried fruits and make it a Pilaf!!!!
- Add in any dried spices that match the meal you are paring this with.... Italian Seasoning, 5 spice and some coconut aminos, Herbs de Provonce, Cumin and chili pepper, (you get the idea)
- Add in Cauliflower Rice and another T coconut oil or butter ( or a sauce if you are going that route, like chicken stock, or coconut aminos).... Saute, stirring occasionally until it is the consistency you want... (about 5 min)
- Serve.... (Leftovers are still great just warmed up!!!!!!)
1 onion finely diced, 2 roasted garlic cloves, 1/2 cup red pepper diced, 1 large carrot grated, 1/4 cup green onions for color, i kids size box raisens, 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds that i smashed up. I added some chicken stock and italian seasoning when I added the cauliflower rice in....
It took about 3 minutes to saute veggies, and then about 5 min once cauliflower added!!!!! PRETTY DARN FAST!!!!!! and it looked exactly like a Rice Pilaf!!!!!