This school year is soooo crazy and full of activity. My kids are getting older. FROWN!!!!
I wish I could freeze them in time. I am just not ready for the grwoing up stage.... Alas, it happens...
So I am met with a delima-
How do I get healthy fast meals on the table each day for them to eat and digest before 5:30 soccer practices?
Yes we have soccer 5 days a week as a norm!
I have been thinking..... WATCH OUT!
No seriously, how to accomplish healthy yummy meals that will fuel crazy busy soccer practice. My daughter comes home wet with sweat. She works so hard.
Here is my latest idea:
1.Crock Pot meals- nothing new, but I have been coming up with some new combinations
2. Chicken or Fish Packets- make in 5 minutes, cook in 30. and Walla- a nutritious healthy gluten free meal on the table by 4:45 in order to fill tummies in time to digest for soccer/basketball practices...
3. Breakfast for dinner nights. Fast, Easy, always exciting to my kiddos!!!!!
Today I am going to share with you my
( or fish, in most cases change nothing but protein)
(this recipe is for family of 5, change portions as needed, or perfect to freeze and pull out for later)
Ingredients- 5 pieces boneless skinless chicken
1 cup cheese (divided)
8 oz sour cream
1 Ranch dressing packet
1 large head broccoli
1/2 bag of mini carrots
salt/pepper to taste
(you can add any veggie of choice, including diced potatoes)
- .Place 5 sheets of aluminum foil out on counter ( plenty big to wrap chicken/veggies in
- Place one piece of thawed chicken in middle of each foil rectangle
- Surround meat with veggies of choice.
- Spoon sour cream mixed with ranch dressing evenly between each packet
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 350 for approx 30-45minutes, depending on size of chicken breast, check with thermometer as needed.
- Or at this point you can label and freeze for 3 months. TO cook thaw overnight in fridge and then cook as directed above
Chicken in a Foil Packet fiah in foil Packet
There are hundretd of wasy to make these packets...change veggies, type of protein, changes in spices.... this is a go to easy meal, ad even a great meal to freeze in individual packets to enjoy later!!!!!!
I hope you all enjoy these! We had the rach chicken with veggies tonight and it was SOOOOO moist and YUMMY! Thumbs up from the fam!!!!!